Thursday, October 16, 2008

This Blog Thingy!

Ok, here goes my first official blogging attempt! I'll start with a little about me and why I'm doing this whole blog thingy!

I'm KD, I'm married to the love of my life, Dobber, who drives me absolutely crazy, and I have two wonderful, smart, funny, and sometimes slightly annoying children. My son, Bubba, is 10 and my daughter, Noodle, is 4. They are complete opposites, and they really do love each other, although at times they clash so badly that the hubby refers to them as fire and gasoline. Despite all this, they really do compliment each other! We are very blessed that we have a wonderful support system, both near and far, in our family and friends.

I work full time at a job. That's all it is. I'm not crazy about it, but I like what I do and I love (some) of the people that I work with. I can honestly say that these people have brought out so many qualities in me that was never able to see or that I was simply avoiding for one reason or another, they are super supportive and I have truly made some awesome, lifelong friends! I'd be lost without them ... LK, DC and JC ... they are my sanity! I also attend college full time, one segment of my changing life, which I'll get to here in a little bit. In my spare time, I am a chauffeur, running Bubba to football 4 days a week and Noodle to dance and gymnastics 3 days ... 4 + 3 = 7, stick a fork in me, I'm done!

The most important thing in the world to me is my family ... all of them, even the ones that drive me crazy. My children and husband come first, no matter what, and our family time together is what keeps me going. We really do enjoy doing things as a family, and more often than not (you know, in all that free time we don't have!) you'll find us camping, at the beach, camping at the beach, at a Civil War battlefield (thank you, Dobber!), fourwheeling or playing Frisbee golf. We try board games every once in awhile, but that normally involves someone storming out of the room in tears. That someone is typically me!

This "about me" thing always gets me, so in order to preserve the few brain cells I have allotted for today, I'm cutting and pasting the following from my Myspace page, as I did actually put some thought into it, and I feel that it sums me up fairly well:

I'm a daughter, a sister, a wife, a mama and a friend. The most important thing in the world to me is my family. My friends are a part of my family. I don't like to disappoint people. I can't stand confrontation. I'm a princess! I love firetrucks, I have since I was little. I like that they represent: people helping people. But, I don't like what they mean when I see them tearin' down the road. I'm scared to death of snakes. I'm even more scared of losing the ones I love. I can't stand drama, although I seem to attract it, and have been known, on occasion, to create it ... just ask Dobber! I love peanut butter! And Snickers! I could go camping in the mountains every weekend. I'm addicted to coffee. I've been really sick. But I'm getting better. I don't like being sick! I'm afraid of car accidents. Dobber's driving scares the hell outta me! I'm learning that you can not judge people. Period. I LOVE TATTOOS!!! I'm always learning something. I've learned that your friends can sometimes let you down and hurt you. But it's ok. They will come back and give you a hug and a kiss and tell you they're sorry if they are true friends. I've learned that if they don't, they don't deserve me. I love Chincoteague! I'm pretty outgoing. But, I'm also a little shy. I must have music at all times! I'm an honest person. Except sometimes I fib to my kids. But it's only to protect them. I don't like being lied to. I've learned that God does answer you're prayers. Even if it takes longer than you think it should. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. This doesn't mean that I have to like it though. I'm trying really hard to accept the things that happen. And not question them. It's hard. I'm pretty sure I can do it! The best thing in the world is when my kids look at me and say "I love you, Mama!" My kids are two of the smartest people I know. I really do like my job. Most days. I tend to have very strong opinions. About everything. But I try to always be open to new ideas. I have a temper. I'm working on that. Slowly. Things that are beyond my control frustrate me. Not that I could change them, but still. I love Mossy Oak! And my truck. But I want a bigger one! My Griz rocks! I love NASCAR. Especially when I'm there! I love the dirt track even more ... go Big O ... the girlz love Madness!!! We are friends of Madness, and no, it's not a charity! I'm proud to be an American! I like pink. But I'm not a girly girl. I think that's about it. Oh wait, no. I forgot. People know me! LOL

I should also add that I'm extremely intrigued by the paranormal, people in general (I heart people watching!), and I have an extreme desire for answers to questions I don't know.

So, why am I now blogging? It's a matter of accountability; if others know what I am trying to do, I am more likely to complete a task. I seem to have a real lack of follow through. It's not that I'm lazy, unmotivated or a quitter, but I am very easily distracted (oooohhh ... shiny things!!! LOL) and that, combined with my serious habit of procrastination, can quickly lead me off course. I also have many interests, some may say too many, and although my passions are always the same, my degree of interest in them varies from time to time, often getting me off track.

Why do I feel the need for this accountability? In almost 4 months, I'm going to be 30 years old ... this benchmark in my life has kind of snuck up on me. I'm not upset about this milestone by any means, but in a way it scares me. I've realized that there are a lot of things that I want to do, things that I want to achieve, and, well, I'm just not getting any younger! I've also learned that I really don't love myself. Sure, I like a lot of things about me, and I love the extensions of me (Dobber, Bubba and Noodle), but I have some things that need to be changed so that I can honestly say that I love me. I'm pretty happy with who I am, with what I have and what I've already accomplished, but all in all, I need to love myself above all else before I feel that I will be truly, completely happy.

All that, and, well, I can't afford therapy! The blog however, is free! I'm hoping that it will help preserve what little sanity I still possess and reduce the number of headaches my whining and complaining cause my hubby!

Make sense? See ... this is what it's like in my head! LOL

KD :)

No comments: