Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

So, here I am again. I slipped on this whole blog thingy ... again ... but I'm determined to make this work and try one more time!!!

The New Year is upon us, and for me, it seems particularly significant because in less than two months, I'll be thirty years old. This is my thirtieth year of existence ... WOW!!! Its hard to believe I've made it this far; it sure has been one hell of a ride!

My upcoming birthday doesn't scare me as it really is just a number and I really don't feel old (most days). It does, however, inspire me. Over the past couple of days, I've been looking back through the years to see what I've done, what I've accomplished, and working on a list of what I'd like to work on. I've reread my original blog posts and still agree with them. I've also realized that I need to do this now!!!

So, here is my list for 2009 ... I'm sure I'll be editing this to add or clarify things. Call it what you want, resolutions, goals, objectives ... whatever ... I'm calling it 'My List'!

  • Eat healthier foods more consistently.
  • Exercise at least 5 times per week.
  • Start running again.
  • Eat dinner at the table with the TV off at least 5 nights a week.
  • Become more 'green' at home.
  • Work towards becoming more 'green' at work.
  • Devote at least 1 hour every day to family time.
  • Devote at least 2 hours every day to school work.
  • Learn yoga.
  • Paint my nails at least once a week.
  • Have a date with my hubby at least once a month.
  • Have a family day trip to somewhere we've never been or a favorite place at least a month.

I'm trying really hard to keep this list realistic. Notice, I didn't write 'run a marathon'; although I'd like to start running again, I know that a marathon is an unattainable goal for 2009, so we'll focus on the running part for now and maybe the marathon will make it to 2010's list! Baby steps! LOL

I think my list fits me and what I want to accomplish this year. I can see that all of these are 100% attainable, and more importantly for me, they're all measurable. (Yay ... I feel a spreadsheet coming on!!!! LOL I'm such a dork!!!) Most importantly, these are the things that I feel will make me happier with me!!!

No comments: