Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Week in My Life, Fall Edition, Day 4

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Today was more of the same ... the weekdays typically are. Got up, showered and ... get this!!! ... even had time to straighten my hair!!! Got the kids up and out the door and off to work I went. I still trying to figure out why my mother-in-law tries to have an engaging conversation with me at 7AM ... she knows I'm not going to be nice that early in the morning! LOL

Work was ... well, it was work. I was able to get November's schedule pretty well wrapped up, which is amazing ... it only took me 2 days this month! Nothing out of the ordinary really happened, mostly chatted with J and C throughout the day. I brought in some leftover jambalaya for lunch and everyone loved it! Maybe I should consider culinary school next. Nah ... then I'd have to cut the heads off of fish! LOL

Tuesday nights are devoted to Noodle and gymnastics. I come home from work, fully prepared to have to argue with her to get dressed and ready, all the while having to argue with Bubba to do his homework, and what does my daughter demand? Cookies. Yup, cookies. And not those silly cookies you buy in a bag at the grocery store. Not the box of decorated Halloween cookies sitting on the counter that she conned her father into purchasing last week. Oh no, we had to make ... and get this ... homemade cookies. Now. Before gymnastics. So, being the wonderfully devoted mother and domestic diva that I am (read: not wanting to have to fight with my 4 year old) I whipped up a quick batch of cream cheese cookies and everyone was happy.

While our cookies were baking, I was able to get Noodle dressed for the gym, with a little help from Dobber, and then started preparing dinner so I could cook as soon as I got back home. Dobber doesn't cook. Period. The children, the fire department and I all prefer that he doesn't! Stoves are expensive! I asked him to peel potatoes for the hash browns. OH ... MY ... GOD!!!!! You would have thought I'd asked him to split an atom. He says, "You know, I'm doing a lot more than normal around here." Excuse me? Say what? Yes dear, I asked you to peel me 6 potatoes for dinner (I peeled half of them myself). I know, I shouldn't burden you with unnecessary chores like, oh, I don't know, feeding your children.

So, being the rational person that I am, I started crying and told him fine, don't touch another freaking potato, get out of my kitchen and take Noodle to the gym. his response, "Can't. I'm covered in hydraulic oil." Aaaahhhhhhhh ... I really do love him and he is really good for us, but I swear!!!

After the gym, and 8 chapters in my new novel, I came home and fixed dinner. Originally, dinner was going to be sausage, hash browns and scrambled eggs. (I was in a breakfast food mood!!!) But, by the time I got around to cooking, it turned into hash browns, sausage and sausage gravy. Noodle had a hotdog and ice cream (yeah, I really need to get back to healthy cooking, I know!) and soon after passed out with her gym clothes on. We let her sleep ... it was nice and quiet! About 9ish, I went to bed and had settled in nicely with my book. It was then that Dobber came in and asked where the eggs where? I told him the refrigerator and rolled over! LOL

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Of course soon as you mention cutting off fish heads I think of the crazy chef on The Little Mermaid singing that song as he's cooking! Thanks I'm gonna have it stuck in my head the rest of the night! LOL